Wednesday, February 29, 2012

a little bit of this....

A few months back, while i was staying at my parents' place, my brother came back from university and told me about their ISOC charity dinner. Apparently him, and his best friend were bidding on a some Islamic canvas prints which they lost out on and even through it was all for a good cause i could clearly see that he was a little annoyed. So, i casually offered to paint something for him in case he was interested. The poor boy got really excited and kept badgering me through texts and phone calls to make him two canvas prints which he wanted to give to his friend as a gift. So like any good sister (of course, i'm very modest) i spent a lovely Sunday afternoon painting and here is what i was able to come up with.




I have always considered myself quite lucky because Alhumdulillah from a very young age i have had a bit of a passion for all things creative. This little pastime of mine has really helped me in times of stress or boredom but then there are also just random moments when i get an idea in my head and have to make it happen there and then. I love any type of craft, art, diy any thing creative basically.

7 comments:

  1. LOVEEEE THESE MASHALLAH! They look amazing!! I feel like painting now!
    How big are they bdw?
    Rohit xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and simple. I paint as well. Would love to see more of your stuff

    http://furiouslyfabmuslima.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. subhanb Alla'ah .So beautiful.
    Just found your blog .care to follow back?

    ReplyDelete
  4. mashAllah that's pretty neat!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice mA! i especially like the second one. may Allah preserve your talent

    http://sarahriaz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you ladies for your lovely comments, they mean so much...:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you are really talented, i would love to be able to paint but my creativity doesnt stretch that far x

    ReplyDelete